Apple Pectin Daily Benefits
1. Apple pectin is a prebiotic, promoting gut health by feeding the beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract.
2. Apple pectin may alleviate both diarrhea and constipation. In 2 studies, people who took 24 grams of pectin daily experienced fewer symptoms of diarrhea and constipation.
3. Apple Pectin has been proven to lower total cholesterol. An analysis of 67 studies in 2,990 adults determined that pectin reduced LDL (bad) cholesterol without affecting HDL (good) cholesterol. Overall, pectin tended to lower total cholesterol by 5–16%
4. Apple pectin supplements also increased Glutathione and Superoxide Dismutase
5. Apple pectin shown to improve blood pressure, which is another risk factor for heart disease. A review of 43 studies showed that 9 grams of pectin per day for 7 weeks lowered both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. This effect was especially pronounced in people with high blood pressure…
6. Pectin may fight prostate and colon cancer cells
Prostate cancer - https://academic.oup.com/glycob/article/17/8/805/612035#
Colon cancer - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12680234/
7. Apple Pectin has shown in one study to improve iron absorption that improved anemia.
8. Proven effective detoxing agent of radiation in people exposed to Chernobyl and Fukushima Nuclear Power plant incidents!
“Reducing the 137Cs-load in the organism of "Chernobyl" children with apple-pectin”
Granny Smith Apples offer the highest amounts of Pectin!